- 210g/7 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthways and cut into 5mm/1/4-in slices
- 1 tbsp rock or granulated sugar
- 2 tbsprice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Thai mint or coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish (optional)
1 Sprinkle the tomatoes evenly with the salt. Leave to season for 30 minutes, then pour away any excess juices. Mix the tomato and cucumber pieces.
2 Combine the sugar, vinegar and oils and mix thoroughly. Pour over the salad and toss until well coated. Garnish with the mint or coriander leaves to serve.