INGREDIENTS for 12-15 servings:
- FILLING: 1 pound ground beef
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup basic recaito
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- DOUGH: 2 cups corn oil
- 7 very ripe yellow plantains, peeled and cut into 3-inch slices
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- TOPPING: 1/2 pound green beans, cooked 6 eggs, beaten
1 Brown the meat in a large frying pan. Add the remaining filling ingredients and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
2 Preheat the oven to 350 F. Heat the oil and fry the plantain until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3 Spread 1/2 cup of the filling in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Add a layer of half of the plantain slices and cover with the remaining filling. Add the mozzarella cheese. Top with the remaining plantain slices. Sprinkle the green beans on top and pour the eggs over all. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the eggs are set.